Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Stepping Out On Faith...Making Blogging My Focus

I've said so many times on Grow It Girl, "Blogging is something you do because you love it, not to make money." I love having my blogs but I realized that I was not able to dedicate as much time to them as I would've liked. I was working crazy hours at a job that I hated. Now, I am no longer working there and I feel that a weight has been lifted, literally. I can't explain the feeling but we won't go too far into that experience.


It is now time for me to step out on faith and make blogging my primary focus. Can you make money blogging? Yes, it is possible but you have to know how to balance the business side of blogging and sharing content your readers really want. No one wants to visit a sell out. You know the bloggers with a ton of sponsored content and you feel like there blog is just one big ad.

I never want to be that blogger and I refuse to allow sponsored content be the core of what I bring to my readers. Any product or content that is sponsored is always something I like, use, and enjoy.

I have prayed over my decision to move to full-time blogging. I know it is the right choice and my blogs will start to make sense. I have been blogging more in recent months but not as much as I would like to blog. Now, I will be able to post consistently on Grow It Girl and Healthy Living with Tiki. I have a schedule for Grow It Girl but I haven't been able to stick to it. Now, I have no excuses or distractions.

It's time for me to go for it and make it happen. I am still deciding what will happen to this blog. There is not word on when Google will update Pagerank and this blog has not been ranked. Not as many people will see this blog as much as the others. I was told that even without PR Google can still index and show The World According to Tiki; however, I am not sure how that would work with this site being new, unranked, and not having as much content as my other blogs.

Anywho, I will keep you all posted. I know I am going to move my non-beauty or health/fitness reviews to this site. I will add more of my dating adventures just to give you all a good chuckle.

Hell, I'm rambling. Just pray for me that this will all work and I don't end up homeless trying to live my dream. I feel like God does everything for a reason and it is now my season to devote time to blogging. If it doesn't work, I know that I gave it my all.


2 comments:

  1. I'm happy you're pursuing your dreams!!! COMPLETELY CHEERING YOU ON! I will keep you in my prayers.

    This post hit home because for the past year I've been debating whether I want to dedicate the time to build up another blog I've had in the works and store, as well as Just Grow Already, but I've been scared to pursue it, school and work take up every ounce of my spare time. With my bar exams coming up in a couple months I now I'll have to put everything else on hold so who knows when my plans will launch.

    I can't count how many times the quote "“The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life" hits me right in the gut. I pray one day I'll be able to follow my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I still have a little fear but I know it's best. Right now, GIG is so random and not at all what I planned for it to be when I decided to add beauty.

      I don't know why I didn't realized you were so close to graduating and taking the bar. Maybe, you can start the blog to get it index and add a few post here and there...like I'm doing this blog.

      I'm trying to get my weight loss blog to a point that I'm at least posting an update once a week and whatever articles that are sent to me that I like.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I love to read comments so thanks for sharing yours:)